Ok, so….this blog is about clean eating. And these aren’t exactly clean…. Ok they’re not at all. BUT. They are good!! And dannnngggggg… they are pretty.
When I started testing this recipe, I had in mind that I would make a crunchy bark. Then I channeled my inner fat kid and said “YOLO, I’m going for it, this is now fudge”. Best. Decision. Ever.
Prettiest dessert yet? Could be.
Do you like spice? Ok then we’re good here. Do you also like sweet? Covered here as well. Lastly, do you like PISTACHIOS? I feel like that’s not really even a question…
Let’s be clear here. These are an exception to what this blog is all about. These are not clean and they aren’t healthy. They should be considered a treat. The good thing is, they are so flavorful you really only need a couple of bites to be more than satisfied.
The photos speak for themselves here, so let’s just get down to it, shall we?
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 18 ounces white melting candies
- Note: seperate out about 12 ounces of the 18 ounces of melted chocolate and mix with red food coloring to make pink chocoate!
- 1/2 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of unshelled and crushed pistachios
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave, microwaving for 15 seconds, stirring, and then returning to the microwave until completely melted
- Once melted, mix in chipotle powder – you may want to do a taste test to see exactly how much spice feels right
- Pour into the lined baking sheet and put in the fridge to set
- In new and seperate bowls, melt white and pink chocolate the same way as the dark chocolate
- Pour white chocolate over pink. Using a knife, swirl together the pink & white chocolate
- Set back in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours
- Sprinkle with pistachios before serving
I should warn you that a little spice goes a long way here. Also, I found that it’s kind of necessary to tell people these are spicy before they bite in, otherwise you’ll see their face go into complete shock when chewing. Or maybe watching that that can be part of the fun 🙂
Eat one and then HIDE these from yourself!!!