Finally able to post a new recipe! I have been trying a few original recipes over the last couple of weeks and have bombed big time. Yikes. Throwing away such high quality organic ingredients makes me sad, but I don’t want to post anything here that I wouldn’t recommend making on your own.
Also, I know this blog is food related but I have to share two exciting updates on my end.
- Today is my FIRST anniversary with my husband! I’m officially an old married lady and couldn’t be prouder!
- Today is also my first day of starting a one year program to become a certified health coach. I’ll be looking for clients in about 6 months so stay tuned!
Ok, now on to the food.
As you all know, I work for Pinterest, which means I am on Pinterest a LOT. I see an ad for Thrive Market frequently that advertises getting one free product and have always been a little skeptical (although, side note – our ads are highly monitored by a policy team, so I’m not sure why I was so hesitant to believe it. Just assumed it was too good to be true!) A coworker of mine came over my desk and said “Get this free Justin’s almond butter and make us something please!” So, I did. And it actually was free! Do it!
These bars have pumpkin and almond butter as the base and require no flour – healthy win!
- 1/2 cup Justin’s Almond Butter – I used the plain kind but any of the flavors would be great and give some good variety!
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin (actual pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 large egg or one flax egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or less, but I personally prefer more)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes + 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for topping
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Nuts, walnuts, pistachios – any other nuts or dried fruit that you want! I only used chocolate but you could get creative here!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare an 8×8 pan (I’m currently liking this) and set aside
- In a Vitamix or blender, pulse together almond butter, pumpkin, egg and vanilla
- Add in baking soda & spice and pulse again for a few seconds
- Once combined, hand mix in coconut flakes and chocolate chips – don’t overmix, but just allow the batter to cover the flakes
- Pour batter into pan – sprinkle the rest of the flakes on top
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and coconut flakes are golden brown
- Let cool or dive right in!