I’m using oats again – are you surprised? Didn’t think so.
This recipe brings together a few of my favorites – oats, coffee, and coconut! Coconuts are one of my favorite superfoods and they add some extra fiber, which is always welcome in my book. If you don’t like coconut, feel free to omit it from this recipe, but I find it helps bind the clusters together better and you can hardly taste it.
Warning: This stuff is addictive. Also, you can easily customize it to almost any flavor you like.
- 2 heaping cups of your favorite oats (gluten free optional!)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (Or Agave – depends on your taste)
- 1/3 cup of instant coffee (optional, if you want that breakfast-y taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 and cover a cookie sheet with Parchment paper
- Mix together dry ingredients (Oats, flour, cinnamon, coconut, seasalt and instant coffee) in a large bowl
- Separately, beat together eggs and egg white in a smaller bowl
- Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup to the egg mixture
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl with the oats and mix together until all of the oat appear covered with the mixture and clumps start to form
- Spread the mixture out over the parchment paper
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like your granola
- Remember the granola will continue to harden after you take it out of the oven, so let it cook until it’s about 90% where you like it then let it sit to harden even more
- Once cooled, pour it into a Mason jar or airtight container to keep
Granola will only last a few days, so sprinkle over yogurt, mix with fruit, or eat it by the handful (like I do!) right away!
Note: you can omit the instant coffee and add dried fruit, if you prefer sweet over savory.