Hi! Happy Sunday!
This is my final week of doing keto. What does this mean? Currently, less than 10% of my diet is currently carbs (it’s almost impossible for me to do NO carbs) and a huge portion of my diet is healthy fat & protein. I have to say, I actually love it. I have been feeling way more satisfied than I normally do due to the good healthy fats and it’s much easier than I thought it would be. BYE CARBS…actually, more like “see ya later” because I’ll be back some day soon.
All of that to say this recipe is totally keto friendly (*low carb*) and clean. Going forward, most of my recipes will likely be a little less fat-heavy, so enjoy it while it lasts!
Also, does anyone think it’s funny that most of my recipes end of being balls? Not sure why that happens – ha.
I can’t take full credit for these fun little balls. KetoSizeme.com has the recipe here!
Let’s jump into the recipe!
- 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of Stevia in the raw
- 1.5 cups of almond flour or almond meal (Careful if you substitute with coconut flour, as it’s super absorbent and will dry these out too much)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of cream of tartar
- Another 1/4 cup of powdered Stevia in the raw + 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients except for the coating ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Separately, whisk egg in a small bowl
- Add all wet ingredients to the bowl with egg
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredient bowl
- Using your hands, form the dough into balls
- Roll balls in the “coating” until they are covered with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake in the oven for about 12 -14 minutes
- Note: it’s hard to tell when these are done, so if you think they *may* be close to done, they probably are – just take them out of the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes