Have you noticed a trend in my last few posts? I’ve really been experimenting with including vegetables into some of my snacks and it’s actually been working out well! I know it seems weird, but zucchini really compliments a typical carb-loaded treat.
Besides having some great veggie content, this recipe is great because it’s low carb and packed with protein – something bread typically does NOT have.
Plus, I love when you can see the veggies peeking through during the final product but can’t taste them! It make you feel better about eating 2… or 3 slices 😉
Many of my ingredients are super quick, but this one took a bit longer. And by a bit longer, I mean about 20 minutes to put together. Still super quick comparatively.
I love some good crunch in bread, so I added some walnuts here to mix in some really good healthy fats – which keep you full longer and make you feel more satisfied. Nothing wrong with that!
- 1 cup Organic coconut flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup organic Stevia
- 2-3 tablespoons low carb protein powder, vanilla or unflavored – I used Thorne Research
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon – or more if you’re me 😉
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of himalayan sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium spiralized or grated organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup of organic melted coconut oil
- Any mix-ins you’d like – I used 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
Check out the zucchini peeking out of there – love it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a bread pan with coconut oil spray
- Wash then grate or spiralize zucchini and sprinkle with salt, set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl seperate from the zucchini, mix together
- Add eggs and melted coconut oil to dry ingredients and use a hand mixer to blend well. Once combined, add in zucchini and mix until blended. Add in any ingredients you desire. Nuts = highly recommended
- Pour or scoop mixture into the pan and bake
- Cooking times will vary – mine took about 50 minutes (an eternity when you’re excited to try it!
- After baking, remove it immediately from the pan and place on a cooling rack to ensure it doens’t keep baking even after you take it out of the oven
- SLATER with butter (especially if you are eating a keto diet) and eat!