Let’s keep on the train of sneaking in healthy ingredients into treats…
I currently (and always) have an obsession with avocado. It’s by far my favorite healthy addition to almost any meal. Lately, I just don’t feel like a meal is complete without a chunk of avocado of a scoop of guac. Remember when I went through my banana phase? Well, it turns out that avocados have way more potassium and fiber than bananas and way less sugar and carbs – two things I’ve been trying to limit. Bye banana, hi avo.
These barely made it to the blog because my husband couldn’t keep his hands off them. Turns out, I’ve actually run out of places to hide my baked goods so we’ve implemented this rule: JUST MAKE SURE YOU SAVE ME ONE!
I know I say this a lot because I love sweet treats so much, but these really are gorgeous and full of fiber and healthy fat. (By the way, fat is a GOOD thing. Let’s talk more about this because its honestly something that was hard for me to truly believe. More to come here.)
Sadly, I totally forgot to take photos of these while I was making them so I only have the final version. There is nothing crazy that goes into these, though, so I think you’ll be able to figure it out by reading directions. 🙂
- 2 medium super ripe avocados (they should be borderline smooshy so they’re easier to mix)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of choice (Stevia or coconut sugar are recommended)
- 1 cup of almond flour meal
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of dark cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of himalayan sea salt
- Sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Any other additions you want to include – pistachios, walnuts, pecans!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet (I used parchment paper on a cookie sheet to prevent sticking)
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix and blend!
- If it looks too dry and not like a thick batter, add a dash of almond milk and blend for a few more seconds.
- Hand mix in any other ingredients you desire
- Scoop onto the cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes
Let me know what you think – and save ONE for moi!