It’s been hot. Really really hot. Like, “feels like 100” hot here in Chicago. When it’s that hot, who can stand to be in the kitchen with a hot oven? Not moi. Time for a no-bake, chilled sweet treat!
These take about 10 minutes to put together. Another SUPER easy one! You really can’t mess this up even if you try!
I have to say… one thing I have never been great at is layering on the chocolate drizzle. It’s a mess. I totally intended to have the chocolate drizzled nicely & evenly across the cookie in straight lines.. Ha! Not even close.
But really…aren’t they more fun this way?
One of the things I love about these is that they are actually better frozen. They’re like a little frozen blueberry coconut meltaway puff. (What a mouthful!) I’m planning on keeping these in the freezer until about 2-3 minutes before I am ready to eat them. Totally not necessary to keep them frozen, as they’ll maintain their shape even if room temperature. I am just using them to provide a little relief from the heat wave!
- One pint of organic blueberries (you could also use frozen – I just happened to have some fresh organic blueberries laying around…because…who doesn’t? :))
- 1/2 cup oat flour (if you don’t have any, just put some gluten free oats in your vitamix and pulse until ground)
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 full frozen ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Optional: Dark chocolate for melting
How to: (Um, the easiest ever…)
- Pulse all ingredients except for chocolate together in a Vitamix – I like to leave a few blueberry chunks in there
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop, create balls of the mixture and lay on a piece of parchment paper or on a cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 1 full hour.
- Melt dark chocolate in a cup or bowl and drizzle (hopefully, more beautifully than I was able to!)
I chose to use blueberries in this recipe because I just happened to have some. If you’re a cheery person, I can imagine they would turn out INCREDIBLY. Omg, maybe I need to try that too…
Also, you could use strawberries, blackberries, or really any berry! Give them a try with some different fruits and let me know what you think!
Stay COOL! Woof.