Hi – Happy “spring!” It’s almost June and it’s still COLD in Chicago. I wore a huge chunky scarf to work today. That’s a bit depressing!
However, I thought I would bring a little spring to my recipes by incorporating something light & fruity, so I went with lemon. I’m not a huge lemon-flavored-dessert-loving person myself, but I think it’s fun to bake lemon-flavored foods.
Like most of my recipes, these were simple to throw together. The hardest part is waiting for them to set. I ended up freezing these becuase they didn’t harden up as much as I was expecting them to. I would recommend freezing them completely and taking them out of the freezer 5-8 minutes before you want to eat them to let them warm up just a bit.
I just noticed I have been on a bar kick lately – definitely going to mix it up next week. As always, I love recommendations/challenges! Send them my way if you have requests!
- 1 cup unsalted (completely plain) cashews
- 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Fresh squeezed juice from 3 lemons
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 1/4 cups of gluten free oats
- 2 scoops of Vegan protein powder (My fav!)
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup
- Fresh juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
How to: (Embarrassingly easy!)
- Mix all “bar” ingredients in a Vitamix until well blended. I left a few chunks so you can crunch into the nuts, but you could mix to a finer consistency if you’d like.
- Press dough into 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together all “frosting” ingredients. Add more lemon to taste, if you’d like!
- Pour frosting over the bars and let set in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Slice & eat! Easy!