It would make total sense for me to make some type of Easter themed snack this week, wouldn’t it? Well, I didn’t. I don’t know why, but I was craving Rice Krispie treats. I sent my husband into the market to get me some gluten-free rice krispie-type cereal, and he came out with a really random cereal that we’ve never tried. But you know what, it worked!
Rice Krispie treats are probably the easiest treat that you can make. It takes about 5 minutes to mix it together and this recipe only requires 3 ingredients. Simplllllle.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 Box of your favorite gluten-free cereal
- 1 bag of small marshmallows
- Melt coconut oil on the stove on low-medium heat. Once melted, add in marshmallows slowly while stirring.
- Once thick fluffy batter is formed, remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 of the cereal while mixing, then another forth, etc. until the full box is added.
- Once mixed, scoop mixture into a 8×11 pan. Press down into pan. Let set for 15-20 minutes, at least, until marshmallows harden up slightly.
- Cut into bites and eat!