Ok, so I know the point of this blog is to share clean recipes. However, I feel like it’s only fair to mix some cheats in here as well. As you know, I work for Pinterest so I’m constantly bombarded with images of amazing looking desserts in my newsfeed on a daily basis. Some of these are easy to clean up – others, not so much.
Today’s Sunday Baking creation is one that simply wouldn’t be the same if I made it clean, so apologies in advance for another nonclean post.
But. These are worth it. They really are. Plus, they bake really quickly so you don’t have to wait too long to indulge 🙂
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, room temp
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 large egg yolks – you can toss the whites
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup flour (all purpose or almond)
- 1 packet of instant coffee (optional, but I think it gives the cookies a bit of a kick)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cups of big chocolate chunks
- Either a handful of square caramel candies or 1/2 cup of melting caramels
- Chunky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and two sugars until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, instant coffee and baking powder.
- Once everything is combined, hand mix in the caramels and the chocolate chunks.
- Using your hands, create balls of dough and press onto parchment paper. Don’t press too hard – you’ll want them to be chunky. They’ll spread a bit while they cook, but mostly will maintain their shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, sprinkle generously with sea salt!
This recipe should make between 12-16 larger sized cookies. Now if only I could make these clean some how…. I promise I’ll keep trying. Until then, have a cheat cookie on me.