Who doesn’t love a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup? If you say you don’t, I’m pretty sure you’re lying. I try to lie to myself about it sometimes, too, but I gotta admit – they are unbeatable. But, we all know they aren’t the healthiest of treats.
Enter my clean eating & paleo friendly almond butter & coconut cups. Coconut is one of my favorite superfoods and helps to sweeten these babies.
These do take about an hour or so to cool, so make sure you have some extra time before you need to serve these. Once they’re hardened, they will go FAST.
At this point, can we all agree… peanut/almond butter + chocolate = perfection?
Let me be clear – these are by NO means a diet food, but they are healthy in the regard that they are packed with healthy & natural ingredients. One a day should be more than enough to keep you happy 🙂
Ingredients: (recipe makes roughly 12 – 15 cups)
- 1 cup almond butter or cashew butter (I used almond)
- 1 tablespoon of Agave or Honey (I used all natural honey)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup or more of unsweetened natural coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add first three ingredients (almond butter, agave and coconut oil) into a small pan and slowly melt until the mix becomes relatively thin and easy to stir.
- Remove from heat and hand mix in coconut.
- Using a cupcake tin or other “shaper”, cover the bottom of the tin with the nut butter goodness
- Pop in the freezer while you melt the chocolate. You will probably need to let these harden for about 30 min or so.
- While the bottom portion is hardening, melt the chocolate. I did this on the stove but you could also put into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between.
- Once melted, pour chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Return to freezer.
- Cups should be frozen within an hour and ready to eat!