I have always been a cookie dough fan. Usually, whenever I bake I’m more excited about the dough than the final products. And we already know that I’m a big fan of oatmeal, so when I can eat RAW oatmeal cookie dough, I’m in heaven.
This is a super easy dip to make and you can really customize it however you want. I chose to add chocolate chips & oatmeal to replicate my favorite type of cookie, but you could easily add sprinkles to make this taste more like sugar cookies, raisins, nuts, the possibilities are endless!
The base of the cookie is completely clean and secretly healthy – great for us bouncing back from Christmas binging. The chocolate chips are obviously the exception here, so make sure you leave those out if you are strictly a clean eater. Also, you probably already have all of these ingredients in your pantry so you can make this TODAY. You will NOT regret it. Now, how am I supposed to distract myself from knowing this sitting in the fridge waiting for me to finish it off!? Ah!
- 1 can of chickpeas (Make sure you wash & strain well!)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of nut butter – I used almond, but you could really use any kind of nut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- Almond milk – only if consistency is thick
- Any mixings of your choice – I used oatmeal & dark chocolate chips
- Throw everything (except for milk and toppings) into the blender or food processor and mix together!
- Once it reaches a cookie dough consistency, move everything to a bowl and hand mix in any of the toppings you want to add.
- Eat with a spoon, smooth onto apple slices or crackers, or mix into oatmeal. You really can eat this however you’d like!
- This can be stored in the fridge for a few days, if you’re able to make it last that long!
What are your favorite toppings? I’d love any suggestions or ideas for how to use this delish dip!