Hi – Happy Thanksgiving week!
Did Thanksgiving sneak up on anyone else? It does for me every single year.
My husband (OMG I am still NOT used to saying husband) and I hosted Friendsgiving at our house last weekend so we could show off all of our fun serving stuff we got for the wedding. We had SO MANY LEFTOVERS – we ate turkey & stuffing the entire week. Also, of course we had to finish off the desserts too. After that, I decided I needed a break from Thanksgiving-y foods. I’m normally not a lemon person, but I thought it might be a good break from the Thanksgiving sweetness (especially since we have to do it all over again in a few days!)
Here’s my recipe for clean eating Lemon Chia Muffins. You could pretty easily make these into a loaf too!
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed powder (just grind up some flax seeds in your Vitamix for a few min. to make this at home!)
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of plain (nonflavored) Greek yogurt
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of agave
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. (Flour, flax seed powder, baking soda + powder, Chia seeds, salt)
- In a seperate larger bowl, mix together coconut oil, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Then, add in almond milk, yogurt, agave and lemon juice into bowl with wet ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. The Coconut flour will absorb the Almond milk really quickly, so if it looks too dry add in a touch more almond milk.
- Spray a muffin pan. Divide the batter into muffin cups. This should make about 16-20 muffins, depending on how big you want them.
- Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes.
- Let cool and eat!