Oats. I eat them every day. I could eat them in seriously any form. I add fruit to them, I add veggies to them (Pumpkin + oats = heaven), I eat them plain. Seriously, so good, so filling and SO good for your heart.
I work out in the mornings. Almost every day, this leaves me scrambling to get out of the of the house in time to make it to work by 8:30 AM. To be fair, I can get to work really whenever I want to, but my brain really works best first thing in the morning so I like to get there nice and early. I never really have time in the AM to eat so normally I don’t eat until I get to work, but I’d much rather eat something earlier.
This brings me to whipping up a batch of Superfood Stuffed Breakfast Cookies. Whip these puppies up on Sunday and have a couple of weeks worth of breakfast ready to go every morning!
The best part is that you really can add any of your favorite superfoods here. I used a few of my favorites, but would have added a lot more if I had it in the pantry!
Superfood Stuffed Breakfast Cookie Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried Goji berries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (Pure pumpkin – make sure this is NOT the canned pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup agave
- Any of your other favorite superfoods! I would highly suggest Pistachios, Pepitas, blueberries, Walnuts, ANY kind of dehydrated fruits, etc!
1. Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add in pumpkin.
3. In a seperate smaller bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Make sure coconut oil is melted!
4. After beating the eggs, add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well! This is the point where I really want to eat the stuff by the spoonful, but there are raw eggs involved so I’m (kind of) able to restrain myself!
5. Drop cookie dough onto parchment paper and push down on them slightly to form the cookie shape. These will not expand as you cook them so make sure they are whatever size/shape you want them to be before baking.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
7. Try to restrain yourself from eating them all at once.